MYTH: "Eye jabs and groin kicks don't do anything...and won't stop me!"
(And watch at 4:29 and 7:55 to see if ground kicking works...imagine if he had steel-toed boots on!)
The UFC has RULES to protect the lives and careers of its competitors. Self-defense doesn't. To those of you who think you can withstand an eye gouge, groin crush, etc: most of these were accidents--and they STILL incapacitated their victims, even though these were professional athletes and the fights were STOPPED by officials. Imagine if illegal moves were done NON-STOP with FULL INTENSITY and RUTHLESS INTENT. That's just ONE of the differences between Sport fighting and real self-defense. UFC Rules 1-18 define illegal moves--that we train all the time...AND THEIR COUNTERS.
"Yeah but eye jabs can't stop ME!" Really? One shot knockout:
We train how to deliver eye jabs from every angle ...and also how to STOP THEM.
1. Gun Defense #1 vs. Execution Style Murder:
*BEWARE OF BOGUS WOMEN'S SELF DEFENSE TIPS:
There are women's self defense videos and tips on the web that are so delusional that they border on the criminally negligent. See below...
13. "Our military uses the most effective method of self-defense available." See #6. above.
14. "A woman can defeat a rapist with arm locks, flips, submission holds or flying side kicks." See videos above and read "Women's Self-defense"
15. "Practicing self-defense techniques over and over will protect you from random violence." See "10 Truths About Real Violence" and scroll down the page 16. "Defending your honor is your top priority." Fighting to defend your "honor" from verbal assault makes you a criminal in the eye's of the law. If you are not a cop, a soldier or a security professional and you get into a fight for any reason other than to defend your life or a loved one's from imminent danger when you could have walked or run away, YOU are the problem (and may be subject to incarceration--possibly for life). 17. "Pepper spray will stop an attacker in their tracks." Former forensic crime scene expert and NY detective John Perkins corroborates scores of reports where certain criminals practically ingested pepper spray and kept on fighting.
18. "I'm safe because I carry a handgun." A gun is useless if you can't get it out. A person can train for years firing at static targets, get high scores, and still not be ready to defend him or herself with a handgun. Over 90 percent of gunfights occur within 21 feet. More than half of these occur within 5 feet. Most people, when put to the test, can't even get their guns out in time to defend against a person rushing them from across a large room. You must also know hand-to-hand combat. See Guns
This last one is so pathetic it should be in the Comedy Clips section but many, many people actually take this "Hype-nosis" seriously: 19. "I can hit people without touching them using the EMPTY FORCE": Empty Force FAIL
GUIDED CHAOS: The Fastest Way to Learn Survival Self-Defense
1. Simple, brutal methods that can be mastered in weeks.
2. Advanced methods that can take you to the highest levels in the shortest time.